Public Policy & Advocacy
Better World Group Advisors has gained national and statewide attention for its strategies to advance critical environmental, clean energy, advanced transportation and climate policies. For more than a decade, BWG Advisors has worked on the implementation and defense of California’s landmark clean energy and climate law (AB 32), the Low Carbon Fuel Standard, and other key policy initiatives, through the creation and management of diverse coalitions.
Sample of Policy and Advocacy Achievements
- Building and coordinating a large and diverse coalition to support enactment of the landmark Senate Bill 350, which mandates a doubling of energy efficiency in buildings and requires 50 percent of California’s electricity to be generated from renewable sources by 2030.
- Successfully leading a diverse campaign effort that led to re-adoption of the Low Carbon Fuel Standard and keeping transportation fuels under the AB 32 cap and trade program.
- Expanding state adoption of California’s groundbreaking law to regulate global warming pollution from passenger vehicles (Assembly Bill 1493) through the Clean Cars Campaign (now adopted, or in the process of being enacted in 12 additional states).
- Managing implementation of the Pacific Coast Collaborative and Western Climate Initiative, which includes coordination of 180+ advocates representing more than 50 organizations from across 7 states and 4 Canadian provinces.
- Gathering business, environmental, and public health support for the Yes on Proposition 39 Campaign, which was passed by voters (60% YES to 40% NO) during the November 2012 election.
- Building environmental, public health, consumer and business support for the No on Proposition 23 Campaign, which was soundly defeated (61% NO to 39% YES) during the November 2010 election.
- Coordinating stakeholder engagement around promotion and advocacy for California’s Zero Emission Vehicle Program in California and nine other states.
- Implementation of the Alternative and Renewable Fuel and Vehicle Technology Program (AB 118 alternative fuels funding).