Cecilia V. Estolano is a leading expert on contemporary urban planning issues with experience in economic and workforce development, land use, environmental equity, and urban revitalization for cities and communities across the country.
- Equitable economic development
- Sustainable transportation
- Climate policy
With more than 25 years of management experience – in both large corporate and small business operations – Sharon has expertise in the areas of financial management and accounting, contract negotiation and administration, human resources, and project management.
She has a background in marketing with extensive graphic design experience and a large portfolio of work. In addition, she has vast knowledge of database management, direct mail advertising and design and excels in event planning and implementation.
Senior Vice President
- Financial management and accounting
- Contract negotiation and administration
- Human resources and personnel management
- Project management
- Marketing, graphics and design
- Event planning and implementation
Ruben has more than two decades of experience in creating, managing and executing highly effective communications and marketing initiatives for nonprofit organizations, foundations, government agencies and corporations. Currently, he helps to lead BWG’s advanced transportation project work and he manages marketing, communications and public relations efforts for several clients.
Vice President, Programs
- Clean energy and transportation policy
- Strategic communications, marketing, and media/public relations
- Coalition building and management
- Corporate and government relations
- Strategic planning and project implementation
- Policy advocacy
- Relationships with celebrity and high-profile spokespeople
Sam brings 20+ years of research, writing, communications and administrative experience to BWG, utilizing those skills in managing key client relationships. She tracks legislation and key regulatory activities affecting air quality, climate change, transportation, and alternative fuels in California. In addition, she develops, administers, and analyzes surveys and other research.
Senior Policy Director
- Extensive knowledge of legislative and regulatory activities
- Conducting research and writing analytical reports
- Experience tracking clean fuels and clean transportation technologies
- Communications, policy and project coordination for diverse stakeholders
- Programs/events management
Sarah K. Friedman is an experienced energy and environmental strategist, advocate and attorney. Sarah has deep experience in advocacy, strategy development, negotiations and building and maintaining diverse and impactful state and local coalitions, as well as strong subject matter expertise in the areas of climate, land use, renewable energy and water.
Senior Policy Director
- seasoned energy and environmental strategist
- coalition builder and manager
- expertise in climate, land use, renewable energy and water
Daniela Simunovic has over 15 years of experience developing programs and policies to achieve social, economic and environmental equity across California. As recognized leader in the environmental justice movement, she has led cutting edge policy campaigns and engaged hundreds of grassroots leaders in complex regulatory processes, resulting in stronger regulations for EJ communities.
Asma brings more than eight years of experience in environmental conservation, strategic outreach, planning and communications. In particular her experience lies in environmental equity, water and coastal resources management, advocacy, and coalition building. Through her experience, she has developed a passion for fueling creative ways of instilling sustainable, social and environmental change.
Wendy James established The Better World Group (BWG) in 1999. In the twenty years since creating BWG she developed unique expertise in the media, government, corporate and nonprofit sectors, with a special focus on environmental issues. She worked with environmental and equity groups, government organizations, businesses and other progressive organizations in framing their environmental strategies and implementing advocacy campaigns in support of a wide array of policies and projects.